Before Installing Your SIM Card:
- You've got your SIM Kit handy — this has your SIM card and SIM ejector tool
- Your phone's operating system is updated to the latest software
To find the SIM card tray, look on the side or bottom edge of your phone. The SIM card tray has a small hole that’s used to pop the tray out.
Note how your SIM card tray is oriented by checking the direction of the hole. This will make your life way easier. Then, insert the provided SIM ejector tool into your phone's SIM card tray hole. Push gently until the tray ejects.
Next, find the new Boost Infinite SIM card included in the SIM Kit. The SIM card is a small chip that pops out of a larger plastic card. Pop out the SIM card from the center and place it in the tray. The SIM card tray has a small notch in one of the corners and the SIM card will only fit one way.
With the front of the phone facing you, push the SIM card tray back into the phone. It should click shut. Once it’s in, you’re ready to activate your line! Power on your phone, visit boostinfinite.com/activate and follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation.
Only members with an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR or newer iPhone will be able to activate their service with eSIM.
Prior to installing your eSIM, please ensure:
- Your phone's operating system is updated. Go to Settings → General → Software update. Your phone must be on iOS 15.2 or newer.
- Your phone's unlocked. You may need to call your current carrier to unlock your phone.
- You turn off your current cellular connection and make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi.
- If you're transferring your current number to Boost Infinite, don't forget to get your account number and port or transfer PIN from your current carrier.
Step 1: Visit boostinfinite.com/activate to login.
You can find it by dialing *#06# or by going to Settings and selecting About.
The eSIM push for activating a new number can take a few minutes to process. Activations are usually completed in less than 30 minutes.
The eSIM push for transferring your current number can sometimes take up to 24 hours.
Step 6: Before installing the new eSIM profile, remove or delete any physical SIMs or eSIMs that you won’t be using.
This includes all SIMs from the network you’re porting from.
Step 7: Before installing the eSIM, make sure you don’t have any other Apple devices connected to your Wi-Fi.
If you’re transferring your existing number, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transfer.
In most cases, activation just takes a few minutes.
Updated 11 days ago