Of course! Most popular, unlocked phones can be activated on our network. A head’s up, though: due to (rare) internal hardware differences, some phones might not be optimized for, or compatible with, certain networks. You can always check compatibility here. If you already know your phone is compatible, you can get started here.
Contact the carrier you purchased your phone with to unlock your phone. Sometimes, this process can take up to two days, so keep that in mind. Once your phone is unlocked, we’ll help you handle the rest.
If you're BYOP, there are a few extra things to update to make sure you’re getting the most out of Infinite. Here, we’ll walk you through updating your Access Point Name (APN) settings.
By updating your APN settings, you’ll be able to send and receive multimedia messages (MMS) and use mobile data to connect to the internet.
Update your APN settings using the CarrierApp.
The easiest and fastest way to update your APN settings is using CarrierApp. CarrierApp runs in the background and isn't displayed in your app menu, but it’ll automatically detect your SIM card and configure your phone for you.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install CarrierApp
- Restart your phone
- The CarrierApp will update your APN settings for you
- Your Android phone will need to be updated to Android 7 or newer for the CarrierApp to work.
- The CarrierApp will only update your APN settings when you've inserted your Boost Infinite SIM card. Installing CarrierApp will not affect your existing APN settings if you're still under your current carrier during the transfer/port to complete.
- Ensure SIM is toggled ON within SIM manager.
- Uninstalling the app after you've updated your APN settings will not undo your changes.
To start using your newly activated iPhone with Boost Infinite, you'll need to follow a few additional steps:
- Check your iOS version
a. Open your Setting app
b. Go to General and select Software Update
c. Choose the option to update to iOS 15.2 or later. This is the minimum iOS version your phone needs to work properly on the Boost Infinite network.
- Return to the General page
- Go to About. A pop-up will appear (it may take up to 30 seconds)
- Tap Update and verify that the Carrier is at least Boost 49.1
Contact Customer Care by dialing (866) 957-8278
Updated 3 months ago