The Find My iPhone lock prevents someone else from gaining access to your phone. If this lock is not removed from the phone it renders the phone unusable to anyone other than yourself. If you've already shipped in your trade-in phone, it’s ok! The steps below will help you disable the Find My iPhone lock remotely.
- Sign into iCloud.com using your Apple ID and password
- Tap on Find iPhone or Find My
- Select All Devices
- Choose the device you want to erase
- Tap on Erase [device] to wipe all data
- Once the device is erased, tap on Remove from Account
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to confirm the action
Once you are finished, that’s it! Someone else will be able to activate the device. Your phone is ready for its next adventure.
Updated 3 days ago